Thursday, February 12, 2015

Back At It and Being UN-Busy ...

Well, I have been hard at work fitness wise this week, shown by all of the ever-present Headsweats visors that that are in the laundry! A staple to my training wardrobe. It's funny, most don't recognize me without one on my head!!  

It has felt great to be consistent, incredible to be getting stronger already and I am a much happier person when fitness is a part of my life. Bring on spring and summer outdoor training!!!  The half marathon training has begun (I have missed running, so it has been wonderful) and the half ironman training officially begins in April but have been building that swim and bike base enough to be ready when full training ensues.  Can't wait!!  

These past couple of months I have been lucky enough to connect and reconnect with some wonderful friends and trainers who are all here for the same reason ... Motivation, support and the desire to really help each other succeed, so it makes this journey into the 2015 so much fun!!  

With my new work schedule (week one at home a success), it has been so refreshing to have that family, work, life and fitness balance that I had been missing. For a long time, I felt like I was rushing around to get EVERYTHING done ALL of the time. Now life is MUCH more relaxed and frankly, enjoyable (It all really started falling into place when I began working at Subzero).  Loving a calmer life.  Being busy isn't always better.  So many glorify the busy  ... Such an unproductive mindset for me ... I know I was exhausted when I was busy all of the time. I felt like a hamster on a never-ending wheel.  Life is simply TOO short to live life like that. 

One area I am working on that goes along with the above theme is unplugging  more ... Putting the phone away and leaving it there. Needs to be done for so many reasons and I am looking forward to the challenge (as it will be a challenge). 

This weekend has been really fun ... Seeing old friends, spending time with my friend Alison and her new puppy that she is training to become a service companion (this is number 15).  Such a gift she selflessly gives to others. I made spaghetti and heart shaped meatballs last night and spent the day relaxing with the Hubcap and Sparky as she was feeling a little under the weather.  At 2:30 this morning, I was able to pick up my Jack from school after a show choir competition in Indiana and give him a hug (always miss him when he is gone).  Today, a date with the hubcap at Costco. If you know anything about me, I LOVE Costco, so definitely fun. A little laundry, cleanup, time on the couch in front of the fire reading a book possibly with a glass of wine ... The heart is happy. 

My priorities for the week ahead, get the training in, get the work done and make time for the activities and people you love ... It is definitely worth it. 

I hope you have all had a wonderful week. I'll be back next week with some fun adventures, fitness adventures and cabin stories! Enjoy and remember, life is short, live it, love it and be kind to one another. 



No comments:

Post a Comment