Saturday, May 18, 2013

Training and Sparky's Birthday ...

Short and sweet today ....

It was a LONG  training week for me this past week ... I got my first 50 mile bike ride in. I can't remember when I parked my a$$ on the bike for that many miles.  It felt good to get back outside and be friends with my bike again.  I definitely have work to do, but, all will be good.  There are still 16 weeks until the big day, so plenty of time.  This morning was my long run.  That went really well.  Laura a/k/a Lolo and Sherri joined me, which was awesome.  We did an out and back on the trail, as Lolo had to get home by a certain time, but I was ecstatic that she could join us for a little bit. When she left, Sherri said, "I can keep running" ... Well, she ran the whole 10 miles with me!!!   I have to say, the fact that she did an impromptu 10 miler, makes her a definite rockstar in my eyes :-)!!  So, thanks Sherri for sticking it out and keeping me company.  We didn't solve all of the world's problems, but we made a dent ;-). 

The run on Wednesday, also went well.  They are always fun for me (and yes, I know I have a weird sense of what I think is fun) as they are always interesting.  The plan has me doing either some type of speed work or hill repeats. This week, Deb was kind enough to join in on the Wednesday challenge :-).  The rest of the training for the week, well, I will put it this way ... It got done.  I haven't been sleeping very well, so I was happy to accomplish what I accomplished.  Let's keep our fingers crossed that the sleep fairies will be on my side for the next several nights!  

Today, we celebrate my daughter Parker a/k/a Sparky's 11th birthday!  I love this girl and am so proud to be able to call myself her mom. She is becoming such an amazing, strong, kind, caring and confident young woman.  I am attaching a picture of my peanut :-), so Happy Birthday Sparkster!  Looking forward to the cake tonight!!  

I do hope you are all enjoying this amazing weather and appreciate what a gift it is to wake up every morning and do what we can do to make this life the best we possibly can :-). Enjoy the week everyone and remember ... Life is good. Enjoy it, love it and be kind to one another!!! Until next Sunday!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment