Monday, July 8, 2013

Here You Go ... ;-)

As I mentioned in the shorty post, the training week was good!  I felt strong with all of my training sessions, so that is a plus. But I DO need to get my arse in the pool more ... and that will happen. Four swims this week ... There, I put it out there, so, now it has to happen:-). 

I have been really pleased with my bike ... Not that I am wicked fast or anything, but the biggest thing is that I really like my bike again.  After Ironman Wisconsin 2010, I didn't like my bike ... I disliked it so much that I didn't ride it ... AT ALL, no, not even once for over a year.  Hoping this loving my bike trend continues.  A big bonus is that It I have been able to ride with Alison, Brendon, Jacque, Lyndsey (that is next week) and Synthina :-). Good times with good people. I have ridden to Beloit, Cambridge, Whitewater and somewhere in Illinois (no, I don't know where). Who would have ever thought that it would happen and I would enjoy it again!  In a couple of weeks my friend Jodi and I will be riding the course, then, the week after that ... Camp with Blake and the BBMC'ers. All fun days :-). 

The running training is great with my favorite running buds who have helped me train for one ironman already, are back for more this year :-). Love those ladies. 

This past week wasn't without some issues ... Come on, there has to be some wacky thing going on in the Wilkinson household.  Well, B has Lyme Disease and has had few complications, but will be as good as new over time. He is not as much of a sharer as I am, so I am going to leave it at that. :-). 

Less than 9 weeks until the big day. Key workouts include, a 2 hour run tomorrow, two loops of the ironman course Wednesday and a 3000ish yard swim on Thursday.  The rest of the sessions will all be squeezed in there at different times. Mostly at the pre buttcrack of dawn.  Another twist in trying to fit all of this training in, is that my hours at at the club have increased. Good times livin' the dream :-). 

The weekend, we'll head back up north. Can't wait to get up there and see our neighbors. Love those guys and hopefully some of B's family.  That is my favorite place in the world and love it more every time we go up. 

So, this journey, it's so personal for everyone.  No one's is more important than another's, because it's just that, PERSONAL.  And everyone's story/journey is inspiring in it's own way.   As I've said several times before, my journey is about finishing, having fun with a smile on my face, and racing to celebrate the cancer survivors out there, those that have lost their battle, and my own 5 year canciversary. It always brings tears to my eyes, both happy and sad, but tears nonetheless. 

Total sidebar, but some of you have been asking.  Team IronMichele Wilkinson shirt ordering info should be up in the next few weeks ... I'll post as soon as I have the final info and link :-).  One more sidebar ... When we came home from the cabin last week, Ted thought it would be great to have a little snack ... The plastic inside helmet adjustment thingys ... Gotta love that dog, but man, is he a stinker ... I wasn't really wanting to buy a new helmet at this point (photo of the helmet with Ted is attached). 

Off to make sure the hubcap gets some rest and go to bed myself ... 5 am run in the morning :-). Nite everyone and remember ... Life is good. Enjoy it, love it and be kind to one another!!! Until next Sunday  ... Which will be from the Tribute Brewing Company as we have no wifi at the cabin ... So it may be a little sassy, just sayin'. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment