Sunday, October 13, 2013

Back To It, A Little Post Race Blues, Next Season and Beyond ...

OWell, I got approval from my new fave plastics doc, Dr. King, to get back to it full force. That was great news!  Things have progressed quickly and really well. By next summer, the non boobs will be nice and flat and less "sawlike" ;-). I am looking forward to regaining some focus with what I am doing.  

That being said, the post Ironman blues have set in a bit. A little but delayed from last time, but with the surgery almost right after Ironman, I had that to focus on right away, so it kept my mind busy.  

Now that the surgery is over and I have had time to settle the brain, I am sad that it's done. I miss my training partners (I will connect with them again), I miss the schedule - not ALL of the schedule, but miss many parts of it. I miss the good things that this sport brings to my life in so many ways.

I am blessed to have a wonderful husband and children who all support me and the training that is involved to accomplish this goal. Can't get any better than that. 

So, next year and beyond ... What is my plan???  Not going into all if it because you all may think I am a TAD crazy. You may have thought that already ;-).   Hoping for 2 half ironman distances a half marathon and a full marathon ... Possibly an adventure race too ... We will see how my body does and how my health manages the training.  

And POSSIBLY, just POSSIBLY, in 2015, I may do Beach to Battleship 140.6. We will see what happens with next season, but the seed has been planted in the brain :-). 

Short and sweet post tonight. I'll be back next week and will hopefully have some incredible training stories for you ... LOL. I may actually give my 2 cents on this month of October and all of the "pink" things that go along with it. 

I will leave you with this PSA for the day.  Ladies and gentleman ... Take the 2-3 minutes out of your month to do a self breast exam, notice any changes if there are any and contact your physician if you do. And also remember ... Life is good. Enjoy it, love it and be kind to one another!!! 


1 comment:

  1. A full marathon, huh? Which one? Sorry to hear the IM blues have hit. I can honestly say I don't remember going through that...guess I'm lucky. Now that you've put the B2B out in the universe, I am predicting that will happen...for you, maybe not for me;) Glad you are all healed up and ready to go. Please share ALL the details with me for your plan. Love you.

    ReplyDelete