Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Harsh Reality ...

So, here is the scoop.  I am pre-diabetic.  I have work to do and I am up for the challenge and am hoping in 8-12 weeks, I can reverse this.  With the aftermath of the hysterectomy, my body has been retaliating and my "loose" training schedule hasn't been working with my now non-existent metabolism. On the bright side, my life stressors have decreased dramatically and am happier in many ways than I ever have been (still need more yoga and meditation, but am working on making both of them a priority).  

The funniest thing was the note I got from my doctor after all of the tests came back  ... "This is definitely reverseable if you lose a little weight" ... Ummm, yes, I am aware of that as that was one of the reasons why I scheduled the appointment in the first place. ;-) 

I need to do the work, I need to make sure I am getting my training in (I am excited about doing that again ... The passion is finally back). I am fueling my body in the best way possible and am truly finding enjoyment in all of those things that were lost for a little while. 

Now that the weather that is getting nicer, I have been able to reconnect with my running buds, gotten my booty back in the pool, am back at traditional strength training (I have forgotten HOW much I have missed it - more on that component next week, but I am SUPER excited!!). The last piece of the puzzle is to add cycling back in too (if anyone can find my mojo for that, please let me know). 

Sorry I have been MIA for a bit. Was just in a funky place ... We are all there at times and again, thanks for staying with me for the ride. 

I hope you have all had a wonderful weekend! We were able to take advantage of the nice weather and spend some time outside. Enjoy the week ahead and remember: Life is short, live it, love it and be kind to one another. 






No comments:

Post a Comment