Monday, February 22, 2016

Year of the Triple 70.3

The triple 70.3 training season "officially" begins this week!  Looking forward to the challenge of the season and accomplishing the goals I have set out for myself!  First 8 weeks are planned and set and "day one" is in the books! First 70.3 is 17 weeks away!  It'll be interesting to see how the recovery/peak/taper goes in between each of these races as they are almost exactly one month apart. Really looking forward to the time with family and racing with different sets of friends this summer!  

These past couple of weeks I have been sick ... In almost like clockwork fashion, I get bronchitis and pneumonia. It has been just about an every year event since 2009. Not super fun but it is what it is. As soon as I felt the cold coming on, I went into rest mode to see if I could keep it all at bay ... No such luck. Just need to be sure I am diligent about making sure I am properly hydrated, nourished and am getting the rest that is needed and hopefully this will knock it out of the park for good.  No working out for me these past two weeks just made me cranky. Glad I have the ability to get back to it and the crankiness will subside! 

I've added a new strength program to my training which I am really excited about!  This will definitely aide in my base and build training before I need to reduce the amount of strength training I am doing once the tri season gets into full swing. 

Besides working on staying healthy, spending time with my family and getting training in, I have really been making an effort to carve out time for those that I have a positive life connection with. Love spending time with friends that I can support, cheer on and watch them succeed have them do the same for me. It can get too easy to get sucked into the negative. We all wish we could make changes and dream of things we would like to accomplish. Let's help each other get there!  This focus has been a definite gift and makes me smile everyday. 

I am off to foam roll. Enjoy the week, live life, love it enjoy it and be kind to one another!  I'll be back next week with some fun training and show choir adventures to share! 

No comments:

Post a Comment