Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Busy ... And the Anniversary

It's been a busy few weeks finishing up my oldest, Jack's Show Choir Season. Love watching him and all of the kids perform but it is definitely a busy time of full show choir weekends and not having time to get a lot of other stuff done. Musical practice is in full swing for him (happy he drives). Sparky's musical practices have amped up as well. She decided this year to be the stage manager. Wanted to try something different and still be a part of the production. Track will start for her in a couple of weeks as well. 

Training is holding steady and hasn't  gotten too out of control yet, but the build phase starts this week, so look out, the fatigue will be setting in!  I take everything week by week and deal with the training plan the Sunday before to make sure everything can be fit in. Still working on losing those hysterectomy LB's that came on with a vengeance and the no estrogen makes the weight loss even harder  The medically induced menopause isn't my favorite but, hey, I am alive, so that is most important and the weight will come off. 

This week is spring break for the kiddos. Nothing tropical for us but fun will be had.  A little work, some college visits for Jack, Sparky is going to the Dells with a friend, training AND the cabin with the family to round it all out!  Most of my training buddies will be out of town, but all will be good, some are sticking around :). Need to stay on task with the 3 half irons planned and paid for this season. I am excited for all of them in many ways. I haven't done any of these races before, so that will be the most fun!  The first, Milkman, in June, will be the inaugural race in Madison. Always fun to race close to home and friends will be racing too. The second, Door County, in July, will be a wonderful family weekend, will be a race with friends and we love Door County. The Third, Michigan Titanium with be fun as B and I will have a little overnight getaway, which will be a great way to round out the summer. 

Im and SO ready for warmer weather, having the windows open, taking the dogs for walks, training outside and family time up north. It's going to be another good year at the Stoned Loon Lodge ... Time is ALWAYS good there. 

The Anniversary ... Yesterday was the 2nd anniversary of my father's death. I still can't believe it has been 2 years already. Just miss him terribly but always find great memories to make me smile. I miss being able to visit him and tell him what was all going on the most. Even towards the end when I know he didn't always understand, I loved to be able to chat with him about what was happening with everyone. Always wish for one more day, but know that he is there with me. Love that man to pieces. I am grateful that my mom is still here and have truly enjoyed the time we have together. 

Well, off to eat and enjoy the extra sunlight. Happy first day of spring and I'll be back next week!  Thanks for sticking around. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment