Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Another Week Down ...

Short and sweet tonight. 

A decent training week is over. My biggest obstacle this week was getting the swims in while we were home.  It's a challenge when it is raining and thundering and lightning out and the pool that I have the easiest access too (the pool at the club) is closed for repairs.  I did manage to get my first OWS of the season in while we were up at the cabin. That was really nice to do, especially since it's right out the back door :-). 

With all of the rain, a lot of time was spent on the spin bike/trainer this week.  I know, it could rain on race day.  Yes, that is true, but I don't want to risk not making it to the start line healthy.  I have seen it happen way too many times. Let's face it, I'm not winning :-) .... But, I will WIN when I cross the finish line, racing for all of those cancer survivors out there and racing for those that are no longer with us. That is winning to me :-). 

Almost home from a fantastic (my Dad's favorite word) weekend up north with our dear friends, the Wiltse's.  Good times with good people. 

The big adventure - Ted thought it would be a great idea to chase a 500lb black bear, chase some deer and a family of ducks. I am attaching a picture of the bear heading out of our driveway. :-). 

Tonight, getting my bike ready to ride 70ish miles tomorrow at the pre-buttcrack ... Hoping for the wind to be at our backs the whole ride :-). 

Enjoy this beautiful evening and remember ... Life is good. Enjoy it, love it and be kind to one another!!! Until next Sunday  




No comments:

Post a Comment