Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Cha, Cha, Cha Changes ...

Well, big decisions have been made.  I have I have decided to finish out the rest of my Ironman training on my own. It was a really difficult decision to make, but I have made it and am moving forward, because forward is the only way to go right?  I have truly appreciated the incredible foundation Blake has given me and hoping this will carry me through to my goal on race day. He hasn't seen the last of me though. I will be attending his 3 day camp at the beginning of August, which will be an awesome training weekend with him and some pretty amazing peeps from Team BBMC.  I am really looking forward to it to gain more knowledge and good strategy just a little over a month out from race day. 

This weeks training has gone pretty well. I have made all of my training sessions, except for one swim.  I did complete my 2:45 bike at the gym on the spin bike (I know, yowza) at the hotel in Chicago ... I was pleased with myself for keeping it interesting, challenging myself and getting it done. I was quite the topic of conversation with the staff.  As you all know, I am so reserved ;-). I had fun talking with some of the members, guests and staff.  I do have to say that they were extremely accommodating and kind and it was a really nice facility.  The extra bonus about this ride was that it helped fuel my love of the bike, which I am really happy about. I am looking forward to be putting a lot more miles in, ithe next few months.  Now, if I could only look as cool as Kermit the Frog when he rides his bike (check out the attached picture) we'd be all set ;-). 

The big buzzkill of the week is that I managed to get sick :-(. Something is going around in the "J" and I, of course, am lucky enough to catch all of it ... not.  Me and my craptastic immune system catches everything. Hoping that whatever I have, exits my body soon, as I currently feel like complete poop. As all things, this too will pass ... Hoping sooner than later, but one thing is for sure, I need to make sure that I get adequate sleep and rest. Without it, my body screams back at me ................... And holy crap, I think I just broke a rib with this latest coughing attack :-(.  Thinking there will be a visit to the doc this week. 

This morning, the last of my Tri 101 athletes completed the Capitol View Sprint Triathlon!!  A proud mama moment for sure!  They all worked so hard at accomplishing their goal!!!  It always warms my heart and reminds me that I am so fortunate to be able to do what I LOVE to do. 

Pretty soon, this chica is off to sleepy land in hopes of getting some great rest.   Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and remember ... Life is good. Enjoy it, love it and be kind to one another!!! Until next Sunday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment