Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Lost ...

This is going to be a long road and I am a little lost right now. There are things I still find happiness in: My husband, my family, quiet nights with friends and quality time with girlfriends.  Not sure what I would do without them. 

The celebrations of my Daddy's life (he will always be my Daddy ... I don't care how old I am) was incredible. So proud to be his daughter and so fortunate to have so many come out to support me, my mom, my brother and my family on Thursday. We laughed and cried with everyone. There are so many people that I want to express my gratitude to, but don't want to leave anyone out but know that being there, sending messages and phone calls of support have meant the world to me (us). 

Yes, my father is in a better place, but selfishly, I still want him here and I miss him terribly. Day by day is how I am living. Trying to focus on the good and smile the best I can so please be patient with me. 

I have found that being active has helped me. Whether it's a Bootcamp class, spin class, strength class, TRX, an a$$ kicking by Emily or going out for a run with friends makes me happier and gets those good endorphins going. The focus is to keep doing that. So happy that I am able to do what I can do and that I have fun people to do it with :-) 

I have made the decision to defer the Rev3 half ironman to next year. Best choice right now and love Rev3 for having the one time deferral policy with no charge. They are an incredible organization. I look forward to racing Rev3 Dells in 2015. I will still do my half marathon in May and and my full marathon in November. That is much more manageable.  I'll also get in the pool and ride but that will be just for fun. 

What I am really looking forward to is going up north this summer and having quiet time with family and friends.  I think we determined we will be up north 35 days over summer break :-).  Thinking it will be great for the healing and grieving process. 

Hope you have all had a wonderful day and have been able to get out and enjoy the sping weather!!  I'll be back next Sunday. In the meantime remember that life is good. Enjoy it, love it and be kind to one another.  ðŸ’—





4 comments:

  1. I respect, SO much, your ability to know when something is just too much right now. And to have the wherewithal to pull the "now's not the right time" trigger. Mad props Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meliessa! I think I am actually getting wiser as I get older ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Day be day is all you can do when you are feeling so blue. Take your time and don't dismiss the things in every day life that make you think "huh, that's something that reminds me of my dad" because it could just be him letting you know he is alright and you will be too. I am excited for you and your many days of up north bliss. I know that is your happy place, so ENJOY! I love you and I'm here for you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete