Monday, February 4, 2013

Recovery Week, A Little Unexpected and Massage!!!!

Good Gravy, where to start the week....

The recovery week itself is going smoothly. Monday run and swim were great. Easy conversational pace, which I always enjoy. The swim was at the club...a LOT of flip turning with the shorter pool...so putting a positive spin on that, the flip turns are looking a lot better than they used to and I guess I may even look a little bada$$ doing them!! :-) I did also determine in that recovery swim that I am in need of new goggles...add it to the list right ;-). Tuesday, took Jacque's spin class...always enjoy her class (modified it to fit the needs of the plan as she was well aware that it was a recovery week, so I was good). Yesterday, another awesome lunchtime run!!!! You know you are working when the conversation is almost non-existent...thanks Deb for helping me get through it! Today a ride, again low key, so all good. Tomorrow is my bike testing...I'll keep you all posted on that.

Soooooooo, the unexpected....My Tuesday started off with driving Sparky to school as we couldn't find her backpack, so we had to drive to her play practice location to see if it was there...no luck. Dropped her off at school telling her that I would call if I found it at home when I got back there later...and I WILL NOT BE bringing it in. Well, on the way home, I am driving along down John Paul road and all of a sudden heard this loud BOOM and then a rumble...WTF is that?!?! A van behind me had his flashers going, so I pulled over. He came up and said that my back tire had blown and could he help me change my tire (how nice is that). Well, first of all, I had no clue as to where my spare was...when we found it, neither of us could figure out how to get to it. I was only a couple of blocks from home, made it there and promptly called the local dealership.

When I got the service manager on the phone, he was very kind and wanted to try to talk me through the process...ok, new process, something I haven't ever done before...guess who's brain shut down??? Ummm, mine. Instead of getting frustrated and cranky, I nicely asked if they had someone that could come out to the house to change it as we live about a mile away. As a matter of fact, they did and he sent Tyler (who was very sweet) out to change it for me ASAP while calling to order a new tire for Gigi. I have named the van Gigi = grocery getter. (A quick sidebar back to Sparky - she left her backpack at her friend Ati's the night before while she was seeing her puppy and Ati was kind enough to bring it to school). Back to the tire...it would be in at 2, can I come in and get to have it installed then? SURE!!! Meanwhile, Brendon, the hubcap, has not been feeling well with a stomach ache all day (really since midnight) and calls his doc...she says he needs to go to urgent care immediately for blood work and a CT scan.

Go to get the tire installed...while doing that, I had a little peace...a wedge salad and a glass of Pinot Grigio at Milwaukee Grill (amazing food by the by and awesome service)...that was the only relaxing part to the day. As I was picking up my car, and scheduled the second tire installation for Thursday and went to get Jack from play practice...B calls, telling me that he needs to have his appendix out tonight (just a heads up, I called his appendicitis at 5:00am) and would I come bring him to the hospital. Ok...I'll be there in a bit (scary to say the least). Get Jack from play practice, come home, get Sparky to take her to swim team (arrange for a pick up - thanks Mike and Jan), then go get B. When I get to urgent care, he already has an IV in...they say head straight to the hospital but don't rush...um, ok :-). If anyone knows my driving habits...Well, I will leave it at that.

Get to the hospital and they are waiting for him. Within 15 minutes, he was in the gown, had the happy juice in him and was wheeled off to surgery. Scary stuff...I guess I got a taste of my own medicine as he is always the one in the waiting room. About 1.5 hours later, the surgeon came out and said everything went great. :-). I was able to see him. He was groggy, but doing well, just happy that it hadn't ruptured and he would be home the next day. We said our goodbye's and he proceeded to apologize a gogillian times for wrecking my upcoming weekend...here is another funny sidebar story. So, about 9 years ago, one of my dearest friends, Terri and I were going to go to Jamaica for a long weekend to celebrate our 35th birthdays...well, just as I am about to leave to go to Milwaukee to go out of town, I get a call from Urgent care telling me that my husband has come in with chest pains and they are taking him to Meriter via ambulance...turns out he was in A-FIB and spent 3 days in the hospital. Fast forward to this upcoming weekend...Terri and I (yes, the same friend) were supposed to go up north to the cabin for the weekend to celebrate her finishing radiation...no dice. I told B that if he didn't want me to go, he could have just said no and not caused such a ruckus! B and I laughed about that one for a long time...he is recovering at home now, although, he is not a patient patient ;-). Terri and I have rescheduled, but I am not giving him the date ;-).

Wednesday was uneventful comparatively speaking. Broke B out of the hospital, got him home and settled, ran, then was home for the night.

Today, I went back to work (so happy I got subs for my classes this week, otherwise I may have been scrambling a bit), took care of things that needed attention and then went for my MASSAGE...OK, HUGE props go out to John McMahon at Alternative Wellness in Janesville!!!! The massage was absolutely incredible. He got this old girl back in working order and I left feeling relaxed and ready to take on the world. I will definitely be going back to him regularly. And to think that I never used to be a fan of massage...huh, silly woman, now I am DEFINITELY converted :-). All of those people that recommended him were absolutely right!!! And he is a great guy too!!!

Besides work, bike testing and a going away pizza party for Mary at the club, it will be another uneventful day. Looking forward to a mellow weekend and everyone feeling well next week...Oh, and update in my bronchitis/pneumonia...I am starting a second round of Z-PAC tonight. Let's kick this crap out of me :-).

Enjoy the weekend, stay safe out there on the roads and be kind to one another :-).



No comments:

Post a Comment