Saturday, March 16, 2013

Recovery and Improvement...

Well, I am actually getting better!!!! After a long 12 weeks, this old bod is FINALLY moving in the right direction...it is nice to be able to breathe better (still not 100%, but a vast improvement from last week) and do something that resembled training. This week is a recovery/testing week, so besides the testing days, the week will be manageable. :-).

The week consisted of getting the workouts done in a comfortable heart rate zone to keep me working but allowing me to still recover. I did take a second week off the pool to allow the lungs to continue to recover as well. The chlorine does not like my asthma when it is not at its best. This week I will be back in the water swimming like a little fishy :-).

On Thursday, I went to Michael's Cycles to get my bike fit tweaked (we think we got it), then down to do some pedal stroke efficiency work ...I did learn this, my pedal stroke needs A LOT of work. When pedaling, your pedal stroke shows up on the computer and should look like a circle, not like a peanut ... Mine looked like the latter. I did manage to get a few circular strokes in there and I did improve on my single leg drills, so that part was a win!!! Going to try again in a couple of weeks after doing some work at home on the trainer and see how I am doing. Only way to improve is to work at it, right?

The week ended on a high note, going up north to the cabin with one of my dearest friends to celebrate her kicking cancer's ass :-). A fun time was had. Great food, great company and a lot of laughs! Before we went up, I took care of the long run so we could enjoy the time up at the cabin without having to worry about getting to the Tone Zone to get a run in :-). On Saturday, we did go out snowshoeing to enjoy the beautiful northwoods! Just amazing out there and so picturesque! I have attached a picture of the woods to give you an idea as to how awesome it is ... Gotta love to be able to walk out of your driveway to some rockin' trails. :-)

Good to be home tonight with the family as I always miss them terribly when I am gone. Got to take Ted for a walk with B and going to enjoy a quiet evening at home before the work and training week gets started.

So, here is to an amazing week ahead!! May it be filled with some fun and adventure. And remember, life is good. Enjoy it, love it and be kind to one another!!! Until next Sunday!!!



3 comments:

  1. better pedal stroke = Rollers. Smooth you out in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your health continues to improve. Loved that walk in the woods. Thanks for including me in your North Woods escape:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hohboy, I do not look forward to an analysis of my pedal stroke - I'm a masher! Gorgeous picture and so happy to hear you are on the mend! Be good to yourself like you tell me! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete