Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Well...On the Bright Side...My House Is In the Best Shape It's Been In...EVER

So ... I was thinking that after my doctors appointment on Friday ... 9 days ago, armed with a myriad of prescriptions, that my asthma and illness "issues" would be taken care of. I, apparently, was mistaken.

By Monday morning, my breathing was absolutely terrible and I couldn't get a sentence out without coughing. Talked to a friend that was supposed to be my lunch running date...he said, um, no...we are not running and that I sounded awful. Called my doc...her response...go to the emergency room...NOW. I listened and went. Got to UW Hospital and didn't have a long wait to get checked in. The nurse and I talked about my symptoms and he said, it sounds like you have been sick "all winter" like everyone else has been :-(. Super.

Got back to a room pretty quickly and what do you know...I knew both the volunteer and nurse, from Harbor Athletic Club (where I used to teach), that were working in the ER. They were both really sweet and it was nice to catch up.

Doc came in...ended up with a hospital grade nebulizer treatment and left with 3 more prescriptions. I feel like a sick person with all of the drugs on my bathroom counter. At this point, almost 6 days after the hospital visit, although, I am a little afraid to say it...but, I THINK things are moving in the right direction and I THINK I am actually getting better. I am just SO ready to be well.

On the training front (why you are all here), I will say this. I AM really missing the training, the planning of the workouts, the schedule and the challenge of the workouts themselves. I'm missing my friends and training partners that have been amazing since the beginning ... missing it ALL. Hopefully, this next week, I will be able to do everything planned that's on the schedule, but keeping the effort/heart rate relatively low, just to ensure I am not overdoing it ... We will see. If I DO need another week of rest, then it is what it is...I definitely still have time and it's EARLY as far as the whole grand plan goes. After this upcoming week is a recovery week, so hopefully, HOPEFULLY, I will be fully ready to rock by the 25th, when the next training block starts. Gotta love the twists and turns that we call life ;-).

Onto the house ... as I stated in the title of my post...my house is in the BEST SHAPE it's been in, in a REALLY. LONG. TIME. It is cleaner than it has been (thanks to Hope and Wendy for getting the ball rolling), it's organized, and everything is caught up. Ahhh, the beauty of the steroids and training down time :-). Hoping to continue on this organized roll as my house is much less stressful and I am happier in general...so, being sick does have an upside!!

Let's keep our fingers and toes crossed that I continue on the upswing and am back in full force and ready to spread the triathlon love again :-). I teach a Triathlon 101 class that starts in less than two weeks and am really looking forward to spending that time with everyone that is coming back as well as getting to know the new participants!!! It's always a good spark igniter and inspiring to see all of the athletes excited and ready to reach for the stars with their goals :-). Cap View here they come!!!

So, enjoy the rest of your Sunday evening...if you are so inclined, ask yourself the 3 questions in the attached photo :-), and sweet dreams! Life truly is good. Until next Sunday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment