Sunday, November 17, 2013

No News Yet, Weekend And YOGA ...

So after sending an unsuccessful MyChart message to my Nurse Practitioner on Friday, I did what any normal cancer survivor would do ... I emailed my Oncologist to see if the biopsy results were in yet :-).  You've gotta love that man. He responded within just a couple of hours, from Florida (he was at a meeting), and said that the biopsy results were not in and after reading the notes and seeing the ultrasound results, he was glad that they did the biopsy ... He then closed his email with, "please get some rest this weekend and try not to worry and enjoy the weekend".  Well ...

It has been a great weekend!  Jacks HS production of Kiss Me Kate was this weekend. What an amazing job those kids did!  So proud of all if them. We were able to see the Friday and Shnday performances. Saturday was our 17th anniversary. It was a good day/night overall. Can't believe we have been married or 17 years!!!  The big anniversary purchase was a wooden beach towel rack for the cabin :-). (Photo attached) Happy Mama!!  

As far as training went, there wasn't anything stellar that happened for this Chica in the last seven days, but I DID make it to two, yes TWO,  hot yoga classes. The first was at Harbor Athletic Club, my old stomping grounds. Love that gym and I saw several people that I still know. Anywho, went into class that my friend, Christi, who I have known since HS, was teaching. What a great class, a perfect message that I could completely relate to (did you known you can cry in hot yoga and no one knows since everyone is sweating their a$$es off)!!  This morning, Sue, my friend and former boss from the JAC,  went to Hot Yoga at Inner Fire Yoga in Madison. That was another incredible experience and I was so happy that Sue brought me and gave me a little glimpse as to what her passion is. Holy boats it was HOT in there!!!  The humidity was a killer as well. Felt great when I was done and have had some calm and peaceful times after both classes :-).  Looking forward to my Wednesday night yoga class too. Who knew that I would enjoy the calm and centering of yoga. It has done wonders for me, and I look forward to continuing. 

I am promising to you all and myself to get back to it (training that is) this week. :-).  

I hope you have all had a wonderful weekend and remember ... Life is good. Enjoy it, love it and be kind to one another and I will post if results when they come in. 



2 comments:

  1. Talk about psychological endurance...you are a mental Ironman too Michele Wilkinson. Please do post results as soon as you can. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhmmmmmm. I can't even begin to imagine what a hot yoga class smells like:0 Glad you found something that centers your topsy turvy world these days. All will be well with that dangfounded biopsy. Hugs and love.

    ReplyDelete