Sunday, November 24, 2013

Training, More Yoga and the Cabin ...


The beginning of this past week was a little nerve wracking. I appreciated everyone's good thoughts, prayers and good juju. The good thing about the nerve wracking week, was that I got 3 good runs in with friends. Have to love my peeps that were doing their best to help me free my mind of the thoughts of the unknown phone call!!!  

So, the good news is that I don't have endometrial cancer. I have a follow up appointment with an OB/GYN on 12/5 to discuss what is next. I have already gotten an opinion from a triathlete friend that just happens to be an Ob/GYN (the powers of FB and the sport of triathlon made this first opinion happen already).  She was able to look at notes, results of biopsy and the ultrasound results too. Her recommendation is a total hysterectomy. On the 5th I will hopefully confirm that recommendation. 

With my history and issues, I am not opposed to it. My hormones have been completely out of whack for the last 5 years and I am not having anymore children, so I am good with it. I'll keep you posted. Hoping that if a hysterectomy is the outcome, that they can do it lapriscopically so my down time isn't too long. We will see :-). 

I am planning on enjoying the thanksgiving holiday with family and friends, then will get back to focussing on what is going on with my body. 

Training is getting back there, slowly, but it is moving in the right direction. I am doing the Rev3 half ironman distance in the Dells on June 22nd so my training plan will start the first week of February, so a good base would be nice :-). I've been working on my plan, but know there may be a kink thrown in there too. 

Other good things happening ... I have really been enjoying yoga. Was able to go twice this past week and it feels great. I need more of being aware and enjoying the present, not always worrying about things and really focussing on happiness and balance. 

These last few weeks have been the perfect wake up call for me. After I was diagnosed with BC on 2008, I really had my priorities figured out and lived a pretty balanced life. As time moved on, I started to fall back into old habits and I don't like that about my old self. It has been nice to be getting back to where I would like to be personally. Planning on continuing this trend from here on out and I think that yoga really helps with this as well. 

The weekend was rounded out with an incredible trip to the cabin. I love it up there. We got a few things done, but really just relaxed and had some nice family time. It would have been great to take a walk or two in the woods but with all of the hunters out there, we didn't feel like it was a good choice. To finish the week, we met Brendon's family and did the annual chop down the Christmas tree event. Always fun to do. 

Settling in for the night and preparing for the week ahead. Should be a really nice holiday week. Enjoy your night and holiday week ahead. Safe travels if you are heading out of town and remember ... Life is good. Enjoy it, love it and be kind to one another.  


No comments:

Post a Comment