Saturday, February 15, 2014

First Week Back ...

Well, back at it ... Felt great, sore and happy ... Then I got a cold. With a combination of work, training and personal Schtuff happening (I don't share EVERYTHING) ;-), my body finally said "when".  Not excited about it but I am happy that this is the first time I have been sick all winter as last year was a hat trick with bronchitis and pneumonia, so it is nice to just have a cold.  It is all above the neck, so I will continue, but just at a more relaxed pace and effort. 

In the self care department, the week started out well, but kind of fell apart. Continuing on making that a priority and ultimately letting some things go.  It's proving to be a challenge at 45 years young ... But, if I keep working at it, it HAS to sink in, right? ;-).  The photo attached was posted by a friend ... Great reminders for all of us!  Look for it in my office at the club ... It'll be hung on my bathroom mirror as well :-). 

This weekend was Sparky's play. Love watching the Milton Optimist plays. It takes a lot of guts for them to get up there!  I have also attached a photo of Sparky as "Queen of the North". So proud of my girl!  In other kid news, I have to say that I am also really proud of my jack, swimming 200,000 yards over the past 3.5 months for swim team!  I looked back at my yards for 2013 and he almost doubled what I had done over the course of the entire year in that short time frame!!!

Off to get some rest and knock this cold out of the park.  Enjoy your night and the 40 degree weather coming up this week! And remember, life is good, enjoy it, love it and be kind to one another.  




No comments:

Post a Comment