Thursday, February 27, 2014

Working My Way Back ...

After finally being released from all restrictions and really being able to get back to exercise this week, I have made this determination ... I have a LONG way to go. Making sure I fit training, yoga and time to just BE  into my schedule is going to be a HUGE priority. With being off for about 7 weeks and being really busy at work, it has taken a toll on my fitness, my body and my mind.  

So, I am putting it out there ... Operation "Back to Healthy" is under way. I am not looking for a quick fix and it'll take hard work and dedication to get where I would like to be.  There are LB's and fat loss to get rid of, not to lose as I don't want to "find" them again.  There is yoga to be done.  There are fears to overcome within yoga ... I DO want to teach someday and need lose the fear that I won't be "good" at it. I will find my own style and will embrace that style. Hopefully others will to :-). I need to "practice" my practice more ... And have been really been missing it.  There are priorities that need changing and also there is that ever so evasive balance to find ... I am getting closer and look forward to what this transformation will bring. It won't all happen at once and I am good with it all taking time as I am willing to commit to making my life, the best for me and my family as those are the most important people to me. 

As a friend of mine just said to me yesterday, when you are ready, it will happen. I am ready and truly need this.  I would like my clothes to fit well and to feel confident in them, I would like to be more at peace with me, my life and how I live it ... Someone also said to me the other day that I was the busiest person she knew.  I don't want to be the busiest person that ANYONE knows. I really took that to heart and it hurt my soul. Changes NEED to be made. I do have to say that I have gotten better at saying "no" again, so that is definitely step in the right direction. 

I have a plan in place and in writing that includes mind, body and soul. Not just arbitrary goals but solid goals with plans to implement them. This weekend away has been great to put it all together, take the time and to really figure out what I am looking to accomplish and how I would like to live. As, I said before, there is no quick fix.  Whether it is mind, body and/or spirit, it is a process. If we look for the quick fix, it won't truly ever happen. 

We have enjoyed the weekend away. Fun and most of all relaxing. So blessed to have this retreat and happy to be able to spend it with those I love. I hope you have all had an incredible weekend, enjoy the night and remember ... Life is good. Enjoy it, love it and be kind to one another. 







No comments:

Post a Comment