Saturday, February 1, 2014

Random Thoughts ....


All I can say us that it's been a LONG week with a few shining moments/times sprinkled in there. The stress level has been relatively high and the fact that I haven't been able to truly exercise/train the way I am used to is frustrating and plays a role in my stress as I don't have that release to count on right now.  In just a week will have clearance to do everything, but I must say that it is hard to work in the fitness industry when you can't participate in all that you would like to.  

With the lack of exercise, my mind, body and soul are needing another weekend up at the cabin as I sleep so much better and can truly decompress while I am there.  Plans are in place and it'll happen soon :-). 

I have been working on making myself a priority, but this week has been a bit of a challenge as I have been pulled in too many directions than I can count.  Some have been ones I have been ok with being pulled in, others have not.  It is hard being a people pleaser and I need to stop. In life we won't always make everyone happy and that is OK.  So, just an FYI ... The tiny two letter word NO is coming back into my vocabulary, so look for it ;-).  

One of the shining moments this weeks was that a friend of mine who I admire, respect and am grateful that she is in my life wrote the best thing today that really hit home: 

"To achieve my top three goals of the year, I don't need to be busier, I need to be better. I don't need more time to do more. I need to do more of the right things and less of the other stuff."  Thanks for that Christi. 

So, here's to makin yourselves a priority, here's to self care and here's to temperatures that will be above zero all week!!!  Woot woot!  And most importantly, remember that life is good. Enjoy it, love it and be kind to one another. 













No comments:

Post a Comment