Monday, December 17, 2012

Here We Go Again!!

I am back on the journey towards Ironman Wisconsin 2013 - Come out on race day (9.8.2013) to see all of the athletes that have put their hearts and souls into training!  I invite you all to come along on the ride with me...It will be full of fun, challenges, elation, fatigue, support, balance (still working on that one) happiness, and hopefully a little inspiration too :-).  This time, things will be a little different for the following reasons...

1)  I will not be stalking all of you with my fundraising emails :-).
2)  I will be doing the race solo this year (Brendon, my husband, decided to sit this one out but has agreed to be an awesome jockstrapper a/k/a athletic supporter)
3)  I will be much more streamlined this year ... that is another story in itself
4)  I have hired a coach to help me reach my goals (not winning anything, just would like to be able to do my best and am confident that he can help me get there)
5)  It will be my almost 5 year Canciversary, actually just 14 days after the event will be the 5th anniversary of my diagnosis.  I can't think of a better way to celebrate.  I know some of you could, but this is another one of those defining moments for me and another way that I am giving cancer a kick in the ASS!!!
6) I will be racing for all survivors and for those who have become angels too early...this still makes me extremely emotional as I wouldn't ever wish anyone to have to have the word oncologist or cancer in their vocabulary when referring to themselves or anyone else for that matter
7) It will be my Mom's 80th birthday that day :-).   

Training officially starts 12.30.2012...can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment