Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Swim suits, Christmas and Mojo....

There is no real order, so where to start??

I guess I will start with my attempt to order a bikini today...got the Title Nine catalog in the mail. If I had a money tree, I would order one or more of everything...absolutely LOVE their stuff! Started looking for swimsuits for my newly reshaped bod...bottoms, EASY, tops, not so easy. I was looking at a couple and thought those would be cute but would they NOW work for me. I decided to chat "live" with one of the customer service peeps to see if she could help...she was great . I start asking about suit tops and she asked what my old bra size was...had to explain a couple of times what my situation was before the mental picture got her where she needed to be ;-). A direct quote, "Ahhhhhh, I need to rethink this and do you have a tape measure?" After taking some measurements, we figured out what may work and which suit we thought would be best. I am not a tankini girl nor do I wear a one piece unless I am swimming laps :-). Decided on a cute magenta suit...a pic is attached. I'll keep you posted on how that shakes out :-). I would still like more of a regular bikini...calling Title Nine back in January when they get their new suits in to see what could maybe work. Tried to shop for mastectomy swim suits, but they all look like grandma suits...not that there is anything wrong with that, but I am not a grandma, so would prefer not to go that route ;-). Again...business venture?!?!

Now to the mojo factor. It kind of gets tagged with Christmas, so I will combine the two. On Christmas Day we went to my Mom's to celebrate. We were in charge of picking up Dad...you never know what you are going to get on a given day with him.

A little backstory on my Dad. He was diagnosed with Parkinson's 14 years ago and about 6 years ago, the determined he also had Alzheimer's. nice double whammy huh?!?! He now lives at The Haven, which is the Attic Angel memory care unit...a wonderful place for him.

Anywho, it was not a good day, and frankly hasn't been a good week. He wasn't very lucid, wasn't aware, his balance was for sh!t (he has fallen several times in the past 4 days) the best way to describe him was...BLANK. A really hard thing to see him deteriorating like he is. He used to be a brilliant, vibrant person that was meticulous about how he looked. He is a shell of that man now. I still love him as he is my father, but if he knew that he was like this, he would not want to be here. That, I guess is the blessing of the disease for the person that has it. For the rest of us, not so good. As we drove home, I could not help but cry for a long time thinking about it. Got home, had a big fat glass of red...could have probably had 8 more, but decided it would be better to just go to bed.

I got up this morning feeling tired and bummed out, tried to run and made only 2 of the 3 miles I had planned on running...definite low mojo moment. After my failed attempt at a run, I taught boot camp and finished up work. My office is at a different club than where the group ex classes are held, so on the drive in between clubs, I had a talk with myself...this is the jist of that little conversation...Michele, you CAN run, you are alive and healthy. Who knows when that will change, but today you CAN, so embrace it and get back out there and finish what you started...so, off to do my 3 mile run, in my bright and colorful Newtons, with a smile on my face and think about that fantastic father of mine and all of those great memories I have of him from when he was well.

So, get out and do what you love to do, because today, you can :-).

4:30pm - There is nothing like listening to Adam Levine/Maroon 5 to get that mojo flowin' for that 3 mile run that should have happened earlier today :-). Done and happy!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment