Monday, December 24, 2012

Running/Swimming/biking and the holidays :-).

This snowy Christmas Eve started on a high note with the majority of the running buds and a little 3 miler around the track a/k/a "rat cage" at the club. If you haven't been to the Janesville Athletic Club before, the track surrounds the tennis courts enclosed by a chain link "cage". Fun place to run and only 8 laps for a mile...it was a tough one this morning...I think the fact that we were running at a pretty good clip added to the "suckitude" factor of the morning run. We were even having a hard time talking, so you know it was a challenge!! I do love those ladies, they make me want to get up at the pre-butt crack of dawn :-). We will see how much they love me when the long runs start...shifts are a good thing ladies :)!!! When we finished, I figured since I was already at work, I would stay and ACTUALLY do some work.

After I got everything accomplished that I needed/wanted to, I hopped on over to Michael's Cycles to get my trainer tire put on my bike...B unsuccessfully put it on last night...popped the tube while trying to put it on the wheel (apparently it is a b!tch to do as it was confirmed by one of my faves at the bike shop :-). The one good thing about the broken tube was that I need an old tube for a swim drill that uses the above referenced tube. You cut the tube and tie it around your ankles...then swim...no pull buoy to help keep this bod close to the surface of the water. It should be interesting!!! Hopefully I don't freak out the staff at the Y up north! We will be up there when my training starts. First day is a swim...and lucky me, I found a pool that was only 20 minutes away! Lets hope that there is a lifeguard on deck :-). I will be so happy when summer arrives and I have to only walk 75 feet to get to the water!!!

So, a great day all around...An impromptu holiday celebration at the Witt's on Britt followed by a nap, then the cooking began. Michael and Anceert got here around 4...opened the red and started cooking. Making a butternut squash and wild rice soup for dinner. Can't wait!!! Tomorrow, off to Mom's to celebrate Christmas with my family. So happy that my Dad will be able to be there. Fingers crossed that it is a good day for him. Wednesday, back to the last few days of "free for all" training! Thursday, up north bound and hopefully we can snowshoe!!!! I absolutely love the retreat and time away! Can't think of a better way to ring in the New Year!!!!

Happy Holidays to all of you!!!!!

P.S. I'll keep you posted on the tube swim...maybe I'll do a practice run before we get outta dodge :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment