Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I Am Vertical...And A Celebration!!

Well, holy boats that sucked! Now, I am just speculating here, but, if my Oncologist had ANY idea that I have NOT gotten a flu shot and if he ACTUALLY read this blog or knew it existed and took the time to read it...I am guessing that I would be getting a little love note email by tomorrow afternoon... I am also guessing that it wouldn't be so lovey at all. I should be getting one every year and have done just that since I have gotten the "Big C", but for some reason I thought I would be all good this year and did not think that I would get sick 3 times in the last 8 weeks (yes, this is true). I'm not sure what I exactly had, but I can tell you this, it was not fun. So, as soon as I can breathe through my nose, I will be trotting off to the nearest flu shot joint and get myself hooked up. :-).

As far as training goes, this week will be kind of a wash, but we are still early in the process, so all is good. And there are still over 200 days until race day :-). Plenty of time to be ready to rock n' roll right?

On Wednesday morning, I did an easy 30 minute tester run, coach approved, to see how this 44 year old recovering bod felt. It felt ok, but I was tried for most of the day after that, so not quite ready, but it was nice to have a conversational run with the ladies!! Today, strength, tomorrow ride and swim, again, all coach approved. Hoping to actually do the run that is on my plan this Sunday :-). Fingers crossed that things continue to move in the right direction.

Today was also a day for celebration! One of my dearest friends, Terri, just finished radiation this morning :-)!!! I was so happy for her!!! We met at the Outlet Mall and did some retail therapy, then had a celebratory lunch honoring her big day. Always wonderful to spend time with her. Love her to bits.

Funny part of the lunch...Terri brought a birthday gift for me, while opening it, she said I would be so excited about the first one (if you read my post about the towel incident, this was the perfect gift) ... A Wisconsin Badger towel wrap with straps!! I am attaching a picture :-). It is really cute and now I won't have that issue if my robe is not close by and I have things to get done around the house while I am waiting for my hair to dry a little bit :-).

Looking forward to the rest of the week, continuing to feel better, getting my a$$ back in gear and enjoying spending time with those that I love bunches and bunches.

Laters!!




No comments:

Post a Comment