Thursday, January 10, 2013

Training and Life....

Which first, training or life???

I'll go with training since that is why you are reading this in the first place :-). I know I am not quite 2 weeks into the "plan"' but I have to say, I actually have liked being told what do do...please don't share this with Brendon as he doesn't read this :-). He lives it, so why read it :-). It has been nice to look at what I have coming up over the course of the week as far as the swim, bike and run goes and not have to make a plan for myself as to what I need to do with each session.

Is it lame that these are the things that I am excited about? I am excited that I don't have a swim in Friday and that when I swam yesterday, the best part of it was the 2 x 500 pull with paddles and a pull buoy (If I could do that every swim, I would be in heaven). The worst part was the tube swim...but, I am getting the hang of it and will figure it out and do it well one of these days in the near future. It is quite hilarious to see the looks on the life guards faces when the see me trudge along with that thing around my ankles :-).

Tonight, I did my hour ride at Michael's Cycles. It was nice to have that time to just focus on the ride and nothing else. Got my bike heart rate zones from Mike too...Wow, with those new ranges, I need to become more comfortable being uncomfortable. I DID also learn that I have A LOT of work to do on the bike. The isometric leg drills gave me that proof. I was very clunky...a/k/a not a fluid pedal stroke. So, more work on my own bike as opposed to always the spin bike is what I need to be doing. A goal for this year is that "I can't suck on the bike". Again, confirming one of the many, many reasons why I hired a coach.

Onto life...I need to get my happy balance figured out. Some things I can get done or prioritize with no problem...others, not so much. What ends up taking the back seat, is the house...If I could find a cleaning fairy AND a laundry fairy, life would be so much easier. I look at the laundry and go...seriously!!! How can there be so much already? The house...in general, always picked up, except for Sparky's room, of course, but to get to the nitty gritty cleaning that I do not enjoy is hard to prioritize. In my dreams, we would own a house about the size of our cabin - T.I.N.Y. There you go, here is a brilliant idea...We should buy a smaller house...In my dreams...Could you imagine throwing a move into this whole mix of life and training right now...lol, now THAT would be funny!

I am looking forward to a quiet weekend filled with a beverage with a girlfriend, sleeping in on Saturday, then cleaning...unless the cleaning fairy comes before then, and Sunday, a run and the Team BBMC kickoff.

Have a great night and weekend! Monday, I will have info about the upcoming Chasing Chad Spin-A-Thon on April 6th at the Janesville Athletic Club Express. All proceeds will go to brain tumor research...so, put that in your calendars!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment