Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Towels, Training, Birthday and Cabin..

I'll start with towels...Now with my rockin' streamlined shape...the only complaint I have with that is that (and the women reading, you know what I am talking about) when you get out of the shower, towel off, and, if you aren't wearing a robe, you wrap the towel around you, above your boobs...The towel actually sits there quite nicely and stays right where it should :-). Well, when you take the boobs out of the equation, the towel doesn't sit so well!!!! I had a little incident when I was getting ready to head to Madison on Monday. I will say this...It doesn't really work to rush around trying to get a few things done when only in a towel and there is nothing to hold that bad boy up...LOL. So glad the neighbors can't see in the house ;-).

Training has been ok this week...a little rearranging going on and a missed bike and swim session...I, again, have a cold...My wish is that if people are ill, please stay home, recoup, recover, do not spread your germs to the rest of us. :-). I don't want to wish the winter away but I AM looking forward to being able to open the windows and get all the gross stagnant air out of the house.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day but switching that to Sunday so I can run at the Tone Zone. Can't get there very early on Sunday, so this will have to do and NO, I will not be running outside. Have I ever mentioned that I am a delicate flower when it comes to running outside in the cold...BRRRRR.

Recovery week is over, just hoping this cold is gone by then. I may have to adjust my rest day again, as on Saturday, the hubcap and I are heading to Madison to celebrate my 44th birthday!!!! Ack! Really...am I going to be 44? I don't feel 44!!! Speaking of advancing in years, the funniest thing about the visit with my Dad the other day was when I told him that he and Mom would be turning 80 this year....his response...NOOOOOOOOO!! Then he threw up his arms and laughed hysterically. I absolutely love that man and it was so good to be able to have a great visit with him. So, my point is, I shouldn't be complaining about 44...It's all good...I am healthy, strong, vibrant and am lovin' life. My actual birthday is on Monday and should be big fun...I will share what is happening on the actual day...I know the suspense will be unbearable ;-)...and it may not be "big fun" to the rest of you, but I am excited about the day from beginning to end :-).

Cabin - We are off to the cabin this weekend...looking forward to another little getaway. No real projects to do, so that is nice. The kids each have brought a friend with them...should be a fun time! The car ride has been interesting with Ted on the floor of the front seat with me (I am attaching a picture). It IS supposed to be WICKED cold up nort' this weekend so there may be some bowling or other indoor activities happening. I DO know, that a fire will be lit within 15 minutes of our arrival. Can't wait to sit back and relax and enjoy the Northwoods.

Enjoy the weekend and stay warm!!!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and enjoy the weekend, and treasure the good time with you father, and hug that darn cute dog, and keep pushing and I KNOW you will succeed. You are an amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you Karen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, they do have towels with velcro at the top for just that reason;) Stay warm and and enjoy your weekend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-). I actually didnt know that. Hugs back atcha.

    ReplyDelete